Just over here blogging about the Floridian lifestyle, fashion, and makeup!

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Morphe Brushes

Up until 6 or 7 months ago, the only tools I used for applying 
makeup were a blush brush that I have owned for over 10 years, a 
compact sponge, and the  Urban Decay Naked palette
eyeshadow brush.

If someone told me I needed more than that I laughed at them.
I had never had a problem putting on  makeup just using those tools.

Let's just say, I didn't know what I was missing.

Earlier this year, I discovered Jaclyn Hill
on Youtube.

She is awesome and has really turned my makeup game around
 - aannnd she has ruined me.

Now I am constantly spending money on makeup - which is so much fun, and I
love the results I am getting, but damnnnn I am spending quite a bit of money.

Anyways, makeup is not the point of this post. "Makeup Tools" is the name of this game.

I have never heard someone rant and rave about makeup tools like JHill does on her channel.
So I decided maybe I should try using a few more tools, plus the brands (Morphe) she used weren't too expensive. I  headed over to the Morphe site and bought a few
of her favorite brushes. I didn't think it would make much of a difference but I wanted to give it the "ole college try"!

My first purchase from Morphe:
5 brushes




And I spent less than $40, which is really saying something because if you go to Sephora, 
you can really drop a dime fast on a few brushes.

I patiently waited (almost a month) for these brushes to come in the mail. Apparently the ones I ordered were not in stock, which is why it took longer.
When my "box o brushes" came I ripped it open and used every one right away!

The first thing I noticed was the quality of each brush. I was very surprised at how
soft and fluffy each of them were. This was surprising because 
a few of these brushes I paid less than $5 for!

The next thing I noticed was what a difference using  different types of brushes does. 
My eye shadow has never looked so ON FLEEK!



I really am impressed: 
1. With the quality of these brushes (that don't break the bank)
and
2. That using different brushes can really make a difference on
my face.

I am now a believer that tools do make a difference and I will definitely continue to buy from Morphe.

If you ever are in need of a few new brushes and are looking for quality that doesn't break the bank, you should check out Morphe!
Also, if you want to check these brushes out in action, head over to my youtube channel!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig