Just over here blogging about the Floridian lifestyle, fashion, and makeup!

Monday, February 9, 2015

A Hidden Fire (Elemental Mysteries Book 1) by Elizabeth Hunter


A Hidden Fire: Elemental Mysteries Book One - Get it for free on amazon nowwwww!



Description: A phone call from an old friend sets Dr. Giovanni Vecchio back on the path of a mysterious manuscript he's hunted for over five hundred years. He never expected a young student librarian could be the key to unlock its secrets, nor could he have predicted the danger she would attract. 


Now he and Beatrice De Novo follow a twisted maze that leads from the archives of a university library, though the fires of Renaissance Florence, and toward a confrontation hundreds of years in the making. 

History and the paranormal collide in A Hidden Fire, the first book in the bestselling Elemental Mysteries series and semifinalist in the Kindle Book Review's Best Indie Books of 2012.

Stars: 3.5

I really liked this book but I feel like something was missing and I can't put my finger on it... The characters were great, the love story was hot, the villain was villainy, but something just felt missing. I think, maybe, my biggest issue with this book was that it was slightly unbelievable (well, as unbelievable as a vampire book can be lol). I guess I did not really understand why these books and poems were SO important to Gio. I also never figured out why Gio was copying a manuscript from B's library either. Maybe these questions will be explained in the next book? Also I feel like this book ended in such a way that I don't really feel a need to go buy the second book. If someone gave me the second book for free I would read it, but I'm not dying to find out what happens. All in all, this book was beautifully written but just seemed to be lacking somewhere. Check it out and tell me what you think! After all, it is free ;)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig