Just over here blogging about the Floridian lifestyle, fashion, and makeup!

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Happy 2016!!!

It’s a little late for a new years post, but better late than never!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
(Me and the Hubby before we leave for our party)

I normally don’t ever set resolutions because I firgured if I really want to do something 
(or to stop doing something) I should do it 
(or stop doing it) immediately. 
There shouldn’t be anything magical 
about the first day of a new year. 
It’s just another day in life – there is not 
wiping of the slate of 2015. 
I’m still the same person, with the same goals, that I was 10 days ago. 
In fact, the only slate that seemed to be wiped 
clean/renewed was the amount of sick/holiday days that I received on January first. 
ANYWAYS, you get the picture – I normally don’t do resolutions, but 2016 seems to be different. For the first time in my life I wanted to make a resolution. 
WHO AM I?
I decided to write them down, because goodness, if I am planning on making them – I best be keeping them!

1. Stay Fit (GOT THAT DIME BODY)
Nooooo, not “Get Skinny”. I’ve long since come to terms with the fact that my body type is not noodle thin – its better than that. I have an athletic build with a big booty. 
THANK GOODNESS the booty is very “in” right now. 
Took people a while to catch up with my big booty trend, 
but they finally got there. 
So my plan is to continue my workout/diet plan because 
for the first time in my adult life,
 I am happy with my body. 
I just need to make sure I continue to stay the course!

2. Socialize More Often
I have always been a very social person, when people are in front of me
My biggest issue is when I go home I just want to chill with the dog, cat, and hubby – read a book, watch a movie, cook, etc… 
I am horrible at keeping up with friends that I don’t see on a daily bases. 
Game plan: make sure I am texting more, calling more, planning more outings and dinners, and putting myself out there to meet new friends. 
I think I’m doing well! 
We are six days into the new year and every 
weekend for the next month and a half is filled…

3. Make a Skincare Routine
“Whattttt? She doesn’t have a skincare routine?!” – No judging, 
but I haven’t really needed one. 
I am 26 and have relatively good skin so a lot of times I would just fall asleep without taking off my makeup. I would never moisturize, 
and I hardly ever washed my face. 
But this year I am turning 27, and I realize that I am slowly getting older L
I need to start taking active measures to preserve my face. 
I recently went to the store to buy all the goods that one would 
probably need to take care of their face.
 I bought makeup remover pads, oil free makeup remover, moisturizer, and a night serum. 
So far I am doing well with the nightly
 skin care habit – and I feel like I am definitely noticing a difference.

4. Vacation More Often & Take More Pics
I feel like Ricky and I go on a decent amount of bigger trips but we tend to skip doing the shorter, weekend trip around here. This year I would like to go to Savannah 
and the Keys along with our normal big trips. 
Also I really want to start taking more pictures.
 I feel like a lot of time I am moving so fast that I miss out on the beauty that surrounds me. 
I feel like if I make a note to take 1 pic a day – I will be 
more observant and might not miss as much.

5. Finish My Master’s
I am scheduled to finish my master’s degree in December of this year! I am BEYOND excited to be done with school and NEVER look back.


Those are my 2016 New Year Resolutions! Comment and let me know what yours are!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig